Chicken coop

Chicken coop
Spring

Thursday, June 10, 2010

old photos

Old photos are amazing in the fact that they are so powerful.  They can drum up a memory like it happened yesterday.  They can make you miss people, remind you of the girl you used to be, and bring joy or pain.  My children love to look through their photos of the first year of their life.  My dear friend Christy H. introduced me to Creative Memories 15 years ago and I have been scrap booking ever since.  I did a "first year" book for each of the children that includes my pregnancy to their first birthday.  They recognize themselves and their family members and love to tell the story of their birth...now it all runs together, but the pictures keep it fresh.  I can almost smell the new baby smell looking over the pictures.  Yesterday I was one day post op from a procedure and I laid around most of the day with my mother here to assist.  So the kids took the opportunity to drag out the photo books and we relished in their milestones, and I had a moment to appreciate how far we have come in our journey.  Matty, my first born has the biggest book and they thin as you go down the line of the four children, as one would expect.   But with the advent of digital photography, there are many many photos to enjoy.  It isn't often that I take the time to dance down memory lane, but the opportunity of rest presented itself from the usual race to finish the day and I totally enjoyed the pictures of precious little faces.  I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment